Key Information on Voting Absentee in Wisconsin
Voting is always important. It is one way we all can protect our communities and our waters. The people we elect make decisions that impact Wisconsin’s waters.
Clearly, right now voting in person presents some challenges.
One solution is voting absentee. There has been some confusing information in the media about voting absentee. We want to provide you with information from trusted sources.
We recommend that you go to the myvote.wi.gov website to learn the steps to request an absentee ballot. All registered voters in Wisconsin can request an absentee ballot be mailed to them for any reason.
- You do need to already be a registered voter to request an absentee ballot.
- You can start the process here.
- Currently, the deadline to request an absentee ballot is no later than 5:00 p.m. on April 2, 2020.
- Note: You may need to upload a photo of your state issued ID to request an absentee ballot, so take a picture of your ID before you go to the website.
- Again, you can learn more at https://myvote.wi.gov/
Our friends at Wisconsin Voices have created a video to walk you through the process to request an absentee ballot and the African-American Civic Engagement Roundtable posted a video to answer voting questions.